Hi, I’m Owain.
These days I’m mostly an investor and a writer about investing.
I put my money into listed technology stocks, unlisted fintechs, and restaurant and coffee chains where I get free snacks and a kick out of saying I own the equivalent of one of the bar stools.
Talking of which, sign-up for a Grind coffee subscription with my code – OWAIN-ZQZ4E – and you’ll get £15-off your next two subscription orders. As will I!
Grind is supplying Soho House nowadays, dontchaknow.
Right, where were we?
Oh yes, me.
In the past I’ve been a games journalist, a trade magazine editor, a conference advisory board chairman, a secret consultant on several great games and many more I urged canned, a co-founder, a website creator, and a computer science graduate.
In no particular order, this blog exists to:
- Help me gather my thoughts about investing, technology, the markets, and the future of humanity. No less.
- Host posts I can point to and say I Told You So.
- Host posts I can quietly ignore, or else pretend I was hacked and a bot wrote them.
- Make use of the Bennallack.com domain I’ve been squatting on since the mid-1990s.
- Include personal affiliate links to earn me some pub money. (. Don’t like coffee? How about a free ten bucks in Bitcoin?)